Saturday, May 10, 2008

Ponderosa Elementary School by Ai

Today, I met my penpal for the first time. From this morning I was nervous, because I do not like kids. I'm not good at talking with them. When my class arrived at the elementary school, there were the children. I tried to find my penpal, Matthew. He was in the back. I called his name, and I said to him, " Nice to meet you." He looked nervous. Maybe, me, too. First, he introduced his elementary school. I went to a lot of rooms, so I could talk with his teachers. The inside of this school was different from that of the Japanese rooms. It was so cute! I liked it. Then, we gave him some souvenirs such as paper balloon, take tonbo, and post cards. He seemed to like the paper balloon. He had it all the time, so we played with it together. I also gave him the paper on which was written his name in Japanese. (kanji) I had talked about his name in Japanese by letter before, so I asked my friend who is a good calligrapher to write his name. He was really glad. I explained the meaning of the kanji. He was surprisingly small, but he was so active and bright. I will miss him. Someday, I want to talk with him again.

No comments: