Sunday, May 11, 2008

Bloomsday by May

Today is Bloomsday! It was the first time I had ever joined a marathon. I don't like to run, so I walked about 12 kilometers. I heard Bloomsday is a famous event in Spokane. I was surprised because a lot of people joined Bloomsedday. Some people aim at victory, some people walked slowly like me, and some people wore funny costumes! Everyone was different but everyone enjoyed Bloomsday! I walked slowly with my friends. On the way to the goal, there were many performances. There was music, singing, and some people were dancing! I didn't get tired of walking because of the performance. I think Americans are really friendly because even if we don't know each other, they talk to us, and they did high five with us. It was interesting. It is not usual in Japan. My record is about 2:30. I enjoyed it. We got memorial T-shirts for Bloomsday. The color is red this year. I heard the color and design is different every year, so it is interesting. I really enjoyed Bloomsday!

No comments: