Saturday, May 3, 2008

Precious Trip Memories

I went on the East Cost Trip from April 10th to 15th to study American culture. We were special Travel Group 4. There were 37 students in my group, a seasoned tour conductor, friendly adviser and vigorous teacher. The reason we were special is that we got involved in computer trouble at the Spokane airport. Our airplane arrived at the Minneapolis which had planed transit place about 10hours behind schedule. Then, we couldn’t receive our suitcases because we had planed to go to Boston for final destination and receive it there, so our suitcases were necessarily carried to next airplane to Boston for security. Indeed, we had to reserve our hotel at Minneapolis. Furthermore, we had to take the first airplane of the day. It was really hard for us, but we accomplished it. Our tour conductor did her best for us and we cooperated hard with her. I look up to her and our group mates.

In Boston, we stayed for two delight days. We visit many places such as Plymouth Plantation, Orchard House, Harvard Yard and so on. Especially, I remember Beacon Hill. It was a charming residential area. I could see many same design houses and sidewalks made of bricks. Nowadays, wealth people in Boston have their home here, so I thought I would want to live here, if I had enough money. Everything in Boston was so wonderful !!

My favorite place of the trip was Washington D.C. After visiting Boston, we made a move for Washington D.C. It took 8 hours by Amtrak train to drive in this beautiful city. There were many beautiful places in the Washington D.C. The day was sunny, so we could see cherry blossoms and tulips. It made me happy. In Washington D.C. we also stayed for two days. We studied the Capital, the White House, the Lincoln Memorial, Smithsonian museums and so on. I had seen them only in world history text book, so I was really looking forward to visiting them. The Lincoln Memorial especially surprised me, because it was bigger than I thought. I could feel afresh he was great parson, and I thought I should have studied history harder when I was a high school student. Also, I thought I want to visit memorials more and more.

During the trip, I came to like American a lot. At the Spokane airport, we spent a wonderful time, and in Boston, we could see beautiful flowers and American city. Also, in Washington D.C. we could study American histories. This trip game me a lot of special time. These are my precious trip memories.

No comments: