Monday, April 28, 2008

Our exciting trip!

We were group 6, last group! We had enough time before East Coast Trip in class, so we could learn a lot of things about the ECT. For example, we learned about memorials in special class. Also we watched a movie, National Treasure. The movie used many places in Washington D.C., so I was looking forward to going there.

At last the date came!! On April 12th we went to Boston. In Boston we learned about old history and visited old historical places. At Plymouth Plantation we could experience real life from 1627. We asked the people at the plantation "How do you keep warm?" they said "We close the door and make a fire." Boston was very cold, so I was surprised. In Harvard Yard we saw a statue of John Harvard and touched his toe. I heard if I touch his toe, I will become smart. I hope so. I like Freedom Trail too. Our group guide was Ron! He taught us using simple words for us, so I could understand and enjoyed the tour. I'm thank for his guiding! We took a train to Washington D.C. It took eight hours... too long! but I enjoyed the time to look out of the window, read a book and sleep. All these things were very exciting!

In Washington D.C. we saw a lot of famouse buildings and memorials When we arrived there I was excited, because we could see the Capitol! One of the most favorite places in Washington D.C. was Lincoln Memorial. The design of the $5 bill and ¢1 coin have this memorial, so I was looking forward to seeing real building. The most exciting place for me was National Archives. The building has real declaration of Independence. We were so excited, because we saw it in a movie. We lined up for one hours, but I had a very good time. Everything in this city was so wonderful! I like Washington D.C.! so I want to go there again.

No comments: