Monday, March 24, 2008

Warm Family

I met a very nice family on March 10th. In tutorial time, my group went to my RA’s house by bus and met her family. My RA’s name is Jenny and she always thinks about fun tutorials, interesting games, fun exercise, making cookies and so on. This time she invited my group to her house for a dinner with her family. I was so excited because I had not met her family and I was looking forward to meeting her family.

We had a good time with her family. We were met at the front door by them and introduced ourselves. Her family also introduced themselves to us. There were seven people in her family, father, mother, four younger sisters and her. First, they showed us rooms in the house. I was surprised when her family guided us around the basement because in Japan most houses don’t have basements. Rooms in the basement were a little cold but there were many rooms and they were very beautiful. After we saw the inside of the house, Jenny’s mother said “Let’s eat dinner!” so we sat down chairs and prayed before eating. When I saw the table, I was very happy because there were many dishes on the table. Jenny’s mother cooked lasagna for us so I ate a lot of lasagna, three pieces of bread and a green salad. It was very delicious and had a motherly taste. While eat dinner, we talked about dreams and life in America. All people in her family asked us questions gently and slowly so I could understand well and share my opinion.

What a nice family they were! I saw many good scenes of the five children helping their mother, everyone live in perfect harmony and there were a lot of smiles in the house. I had a very wonderful time there with her family.

No comments: