Saturday, February 23, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

Today is St. Valentine's Day. I got chocolates from my reading class teacher and my American Studies class teacher. I was surprised that teachers give chocolates to students in a class in MFWI. I was so happy because I love chocolate.

In Japan, girls give chocolates to boys on Valentine's Day. Japanese girls also give presents or a Valentine's card for her boyfriend. On the contrary, boys give it to girls in America. I prefer American Valentine's Day to Japanese Valentine's Day. Brenda who is my American Studies class teacher said, "some father often give chocolate to his daughter on Valentine's Day. "That would be incredible in Japan. It was very interesting for me .

I hope boys will give girls chocolates in Japan, too. Most girls love chocolates more than boys. I think the custom of American Valentine's Day is very nice, but I regret having no White Day in America. White Day is the day that a boy who got chocolates for a girl paid for her back with a present for the chocolates. I heard "There isn't White Day in America." I hope White Day is custom in America someday.

No comments: