Saturday, April 21, 2007

Precious Experience!!!!

I went to Boston and Washington D.C. from April 12 to April 17. It was a very great trip. We visited a lot of famous places, and I was surprised at many things I saw there. I think this trip will become one of my unforgettable memories in my life. Many of places I visited became my favorite places.

The place I like the best is Beacon Hill in Boston. There are many interesting things there, and the buildings are very beautiful. I liked the houses on Beacon Hill. The atmosphere seemed to be like the world of movie “Harry Potter”. I felt that Harry seemed to appear before me. Our guide taught us why the top windows are smaller than the lower windows, and how to use boot scrapers or hitching post, etc. I was very impressed when I learned these things. The Acorn Street in Beacon Hill is also very famos. The street is often used postcard. I really like the mood in Beacon Hill.

I also liked Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia. At the cemetery we could see many graves of people who were killed by war. We could also see the grave of John F. Kennedy and Robert Kennedy. I was moved when I learned that the fire near the grave of John F. Kennedy will burn forever. I noticed that the near his grave is the flame, and near Robert Kennedy's grave is water. Then I noticed that the flag was half way up the pole, we asked our guide about that. We could learned something new about American cultures. A few days later, we saw the same thing at the U.S capital. I didn’t know why the flag was in middle of the pole. Then our guide told us about happening at Virginia tech University. When I heard this, I was very surprised and terrified, because it was the first time a shooting happen so near to me. I heard that this incident was big news in Japan. Seen these graves and hearing this sad news made me feel surprised or unhappy.

I also enjoyed other places we visited, for example Plymouth plantation was very interesting place for me, The Smithsonian Institution was very beautiful place, we could watch Tiffany, I was very impressed. Quincy Market was nice place for us. We ate lobster roll there, it had very good taste. If I have a chance to eat it again. These three places were also my favorite places.

East Coast Trip was very big event in this regular program. Through this trip, I learned about many things, for example, American history, The Civil war, Korean War, etc. This trip was very important for me. This trip was precious experience!

No comments: